General Description – Install and maintain Avaya Communication Manager, IP Office, Avaya CS1000, Meridian 1, BCM, Call Pilot, Norstar, Mitel 3300/5000/MiVoice and Shoretel systems to a large customer base.
• Use electronic test equipment during any/all types of installation and maintenance as warranted by the work being performed.
• Work on small, medium and large business systems (leased and customer owned), circuits, complex wiring and software.
• Install and maintain voice/data services for customers inside and outside the operating territory, to meet customer standards.
• Research trouble tickets; perform maintenance repair and preventative maintenance on business systems.
• Performs work and uses hand tools ladders, and test equipment.
• Read and interpret service orders, trouble tickets, circuit diagrams and schematics.
• Learn the installation/operation of new and existing equipment.
• Provide necessary information to complete jobs, trouble tickets and service orders. Coordinate with support desk and supervisor.
• Knowledge of Company’s products and services with the ability to effectively communicate benefits to customers.
• Support and actively participate in promotion of Company products and services.
• Aid and assist other department and contractors as needed.
• Review all requested services with customer in order to ensure understanding and agreement. Identify opportunities and present product/service options to customers.
• Report any incidents, losses, injuries or property damage to the manager/supervisor and customer when appropriate.
• Follow established safety and security practices/procedures. Perform safety and security inspections as required for the purpose of safeguarding employees and company assets.
• Proactively inform your manager/supervisor of competitive and economic activities in your local market area
• Perform other duties as requested by supervisor in order to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
• Ability to work assigned hours on a regular scheduled tour as well as participate in an on call rotation.
• Must be willing to work overtime (voluntary or assigned) and to be available for call-outs, including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Minimum 3 years Nortel/Avaya/Mitel PBX installation and repair. Avaya Aura Communications Manager, Avaya CS1000, CallPilot and CM Messaging certification or equivalent experience required. Avaya/Nortel Contact Center a plus. Mitel and Shoretel a plus.
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Basic understanding of electrical, digital and data networking technology.
• Proficient in the installation, maintenance repair and use of various types of communications systems.
• Familiarity with Internet browsers (MS Internet, Explorer, etc.)
• Experience with personal computers, installing software programs and troubleshooting operating systems, software and hardware.
• Basic PC configurations skills (setting IP addresses, pinging equipment, and circuit testing etc).
• Must possess basic PC skills (MS Office suite, email, remote network access keyboarding, ability to retrieve data etc) ability to learn any/all relevant Company systems requiring PC use and as related to the installation/repair of products requiring PC’s.
Basic knowledge of:
• Internet connectivity and other remote support connectivity such as dial up modems, ssh and telnet.
• E-mail delivery
• IP networking
• PC Hardware
• Demonstrates ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers.
• Ability to work independently within a team environment.
• Ability to prioritize effectively
• Must demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills with internal employees and external customer.
• Periodic background checks, security clearances and drug screens may be required in order to access customer premises.
• Must be able to work aloft on ladders.
• Must be able to work in confined spaces as well as isolated areas.
• Ability to differentiate colors and alarm lights of various magnitudes.
• Must be able to sit, stand, climb, walk (on uneven terrain) bend and stoop for extended periods on a regular basis.
• Ability to lift, unload from vehicle and carry ladders weighing approximately 70 lbs.
• Ability to exert up to 70 pounds of force occasionally to position equipment or test gear, to move 20 pounds regularly and to exert up to 10 pounds of force routinely to move materials, equipment and test sets.
• Strong preference to reside within 50 miles of the Greater Houston Area.
• Successful completion of at least 2 years post high school training in a related field i.e. electronics, data, or telecommunications is desired.
• Certifications in Nortel, Mitel, Shoretel products a plus.
• Experience and/or certification in one or more of the following:
o Relevant voice, video, or data technologies
o Cabling, installation of racks, computer, data and voice equipment.
o Computer-related power cabling, including UPS systems.
o IP telephony systems.
o Remote access systems, including VPN and modems.
o Diagnostics equipment, including cable tester, volt meters, and other related tools.