The Solutions Engineer position supports the Sales organization to deliver in-depth technical support and customer business objective solution alignment in the sales cycle. This position is tasked with delivering hardware and software functional specifications pertaining to design and developing scope objectives based on customer expectations and requirements. Solutions engineered to meet end customer requirements will be UC in premise and as a service, contact center in premise or as a service and wired and wireless networking.
The qualified candidate will accompany the Account Executive/Solutions Consultant in sales initiatives from the executive level through the IT/IS sectors of the client organization. The candidate will be able to provide solution selling by discussing features, functionality, and requirements determined by the customer and ultimately deliver functional designs through SOW, white-boarding quoted and oral communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Sales Account Executives/Solutions Consultants through all levels of the sales cycle
- Interface directly with internal and external customers; network architecture, engineering, service management and operation teams
- Act as a trusted advisor and technical consultant for technologies such as premise and as a service voice solutions by Avaya, Mitel, Fuze, Jive among others as well as wired and wireless networking solutions by Extreme Networks and HPE/Aruba as well as future technologies
- Maintain industry expert level design knowledge on key products
- Act as a technical consultant for input to price quotes, Business Cases, Statements of Work, RFI’s/RFQ’s and RFP’s
- Conduct discovery meetings to obtain customer functional design specifications
- Deliver technical presentations and complex product demonstrations confidently to board level executives, senior management, technical and non-technical audiences
- Develop accurate technical solutions and designs
- Engineering design delivery to sales team should be 48 hours
- Provide 2nd level support for operations
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvement and present to management
- Attend appropriate meetings and/or conference calls as necessary.
- Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and high quality according to design.
- Coordinates communication with all areas of the company that impacts the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed.
- Work as a team member within the organization to provide a resilient service to our customer.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- General working knowledge of operating Systems and features
- General working knowledge of Exchange and Outlook client
- Unified Communications, Messaging, Contact Center in premise and as a service environments
- Interoperability / requirements with outside world
- Avaya and Mitel Voice Portfolio skills
- Communication Manager (CM)
- Extreme Networks and HPE/Aruba Wired and Wireless Core and Edge Networking Equipment
- Ability to read, interpret and provide feedback from an existing network diagram
- Experience in traditional telephony environments (TDM), IP Networking (voice, video and data)
- Experience in SIP technologies relating to voice, IM and video
Very High Skills: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong communicator at all levels
- Systems and IT literate.
- High expectations
- Sense of Reality
- Sense of Urgency
- Team Oriented
- Have worked in a multi customer environment.
- High analytical in problem solving with the ability to apply original and innovative thinking. Logical, methodical and structured approach.
- Deadline driven.
- Resilient. Responds positively to set backs
- Effective time management
- Ability to prioritize. Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Attention to detail.
- To work under pressure and think clearly in challenging situations in a logical manner
- To be flexible in approach and be comfortable with fluid organizational structure that requires both team work and self-sufficiency as a necessary, with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Strong commercial and financial awareness and co-ordination.
- Confident to influence and challenge at executive level.